We are a working farm, and natural mountain resort, located in the tropics, where heavy rains often make outdoor conditions slippery, and falls possible. Apologies, but we are not handicap accessible, and if you or some of your party have limited mobility, our farm may not be the best place for you, we are very sorry to say.
Nature surrounds us, the forest was there before us, and we are bringing it back. Within this forest live spiders, bugs, snakes, rodents, musang, and even a wildcat or two. We do our best through design and proper maintenance to keep these characters out of your personal areas, but they are clever, or many, and sometimes they get in. It is one of the perils of open, traditional architecture, and reforesting your land, & it may be a bit scary for you, but the benefits and the beauty of nature do outweigh the things that make you go “eek,” you will find, when you live on the farm. Our staff is on call, 24 hours a day, to help if there are concerns for your safety, or you are welcome to “go MacGyver” on the spiders, if so inspired(just please don’t punch a hole in our roof :).
More seriously, a list of practically useful gadgets, you will find useful to have in your bag, depending on weather conditions, are:
- A reusable, or reused water bottle
- Rain coat/umbrella/poncho
- Sturdy walking/hiking shoes with mud gapped soles
- Sweaters/warm socks for the nighttime
- pruning shears/buckknife/corkscrew/golok etc
- books, sketchpads, good pencils & pens, for the ideas that may arise
- A flask(optional)
- A real book
- Leaving your “smartphone” charger in Jakarta may leave you confused/itchy thumbed for a while, but has shown to be most beneficial for the health of relationships, and the remembering of actual conversation skills.
Additionally, please note that the Library is the only bungalow room with standard AC power(ie. those that will charge your phone/gadgets), all others are solar powered, a green touch we’re happy to teach you about, when you’re here. The Library, as it will eventually be a true library, does not have interior plumbing, but there are 4 toilets nearby.